Abilene, a 3-year-old Samum filly offered out of training, brought the day's highest price of 270,000 ($370,291 in United States funds) at a vibrant second session of Arqana breeding stock sale Dec. 8.
An infographic celebrating the Breeders' Cup 30th Anniversary. view infographic
Albertine, dam of 1993 upset Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Arcangues, died Feb. 3 from the infirmities of old age.
Arcangues, who won the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at 133-1, has been euthanized in Japan because of complications from founder. He had been sent to Japan from the United States for stallion duty in 1995.
By - Sean Feld - I did not know Ed Nahem personally, but when I read that he had died Oct. 31 of liver failure it brought back many memories of one of my favorite horses.
Jerry Bailey, 48, North America's dominant jockey for more than a decade beginning in the early 1990s, announced his retirement from riding, effective Jan 28 after the Sunshine Millions card at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Still Atop NTRA 3-Year-Old Poll
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- 2016 Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award Finalists Named