Abilene, a 3-year-old Samum filly offered out of training, brought the day's highest price of 270,000 ($370,291 in United States funds) at a vibrant second session of Arqana breeding stock sale Dec. 8.
An infographic celebrating the Breeders' Cup 30th Anniversary. view infographic
Albertine, dam of 1993 upset Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Arcangues, died Feb. 3 from the infirmities of old age.
Arcangues, who won the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at 133-1, has been euthanized in Japan because of complications from founder. He had been sent to Japan from the United States for stallion duty in 1995.
By - Sean Feld - I did not know Ed Nahem personally, but when I read that he had died Oct. 31 of liver failure it brought back many memories of one of my favorite horses.
Jerry Bailey, 48, North America's dominant jockey for more than a decade beginning in the early 1990s, announced his retirement from riding, effective Jan 28 after the Sunshine Millions card at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- 123Gaming Granted ADW License in Washington
- Bernardini Filly Shows Maturity in OBS Breeze
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Deceptive Vision Wins Doubledogdare
- Brother to Eight Belles Gets Tesio Class Test