Mike Pegram's Icecoldbeeratreds broke alertly and was never headed in winning the $125,000 Graduation Stakes for 2-year-old California breds Wednesday in stakes-record time at Del Mar.
Prince Ahmed Salman, whose colt Point Given was 2001 Horse of the Year, has sent his grade II winner Arabian Light to stand at his Saudi Arabian farm near the capital of Riyadh
Fayette Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) winner Jadada worked five furlongs Saturday in preparation for Friday's Clark Handicap.
Breeders' Cup Sprint hopeful Five Star Day cleared a couple of major hurdles on Wednesday. The Beau Greely trainee was named as one of the 14 preferred entrants in the Sprint and he turned in a solid training move in his next-to-last work before the Breeders' Cup.
Flame Thrower, who remained unbeaten in four starts with a victory in the Norfolk Stakes Oct. 7, worked a half mile in :46 1/5 breezing Wednesday morning at Santa Anita for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile. Also working were Arabian Light, Notable Career, Point Given, and Street Cry. Caffe Latte worked Tuesday.
Using an impressive burst of speed on the second turn, Arabian Light rallied from far back to win the Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. II) by three lengths Sunday at Keeneland.
The Thoroughbred Corp.'s Arabian Light did not disappoint as the 3-5 favorite when he posted his second victory in as many lifetime starts with a five-length victory over Stocks Are Rising in the $125,000 Graduation Stakes for 2-year-olds at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Champagne Room Earns Toast as Champion 2-Year-Old Filly
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter