An influential New York state senator this week will take testimony about what the Thoroughbred industry envisions for the future of the New York Racing Association.
Carrying top weight of 133 pounds, favored Salutos Amigos rallied from off the pace to take the Fall Highweight Handicap by 1 3/4 lengths over longshot Mewannarose on the Thanksgiving Day card at Aqueduct Race Track.
The company that operates a casino at New York's Aqueduct Race Track is partnering with Florida racing and breeding interests to construct a "waterfront slots only Thoroughbred inspired resort" in Miami.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal