An influential New York state senator this week will take testimony about what the Thoroughbred industry envisions for the future of the New York Racing Association.
Carrying top weight of 133 pounds, favored Salutos Amigos rallied from off the pace to take the Fall Highweight Handicap by 1 3/4 lengths over longshot Mewannarose on the Thanksgiving Day card at Aqueduct Race Track.
The company that operates a casino at New York's Aqueduct Race Track is partnering with Florida racing and breeding interests to construct a "waterfront slots only Thoroughbred inspired resort" in Miami.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes