Egg Drop starts her 2014 campaign in the $200,000 Buena Vista Stakes (gr. IIT) on Presidents' Day Feb. 17 at Santa Anita with a three-race winning streak trainer Mike Mitchell credits in great part to jockey Martin Garcia.
Trainer Tom Proctor and Glen Hill Farm will send out a pair of talented 4-year-old fillies, Customer Base and Gulsary, in the $100,000 Robert J. Frankel Stakes (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Dec. 29 at Santa Anita Park.
Egg Drop held on to her first stakes victory when she nipped Appealing by a head in the $150,000 Yellow Ribbon Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf Sept. 2 at Del Mar, then survived a long stewards' inquiry into the final stages.
With the top turf mares in Southern California missing the race, My Gi Gi is the 121-pound highweight in the $150,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 6 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm