Egg Drop starts her 2014 campaign in the $200,000 Buena Vista Stakes (gr. IIT) on Presidents' Day Feb. 17 at Santa Anita with a three-race winning streak trainer Mike Mitchell credits in great part to jockey Martin Garcia.
Trainer Tom Proctor and Glen Hill Farm will send out a pair of talented 4-year-old fillies, Customer Base and Gulsary, in the $100,000 Robert J. Frankel Stakes (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Dec. 29 at Santa Anita Park.
Egg Drop held on to her first stakes victory when she nipped Appealing by a head in the $150,000 Yellow Ribbon Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf Sept. 2 at Del Mar, then survived a long stewards' inquiry into the final stages.
With the top turf mares in Southern California missing the race, My Gi Gi is the 121-pound highweight in the $150,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 6 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- G. G. Ryder Makes Grade in San Francisco Mile