Egg Drop starts her 2014 campaign in the $200,000 Buena Vista Stakes (gr. IIT) on Presidents' Day Feb. 17 at Santa Anita with a three-race winning streak trainer Mike Mitchell credits in great part to jockey Martin Garcia.
Trainer Tom Proctor and Glen Hill Farm will send out a pair of talented 4-year-old fillies, Customer Base and Gulsary, in the $100,000 Robert J. Frankel Stakes (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Dec. 29 at Santa Anita Park.
Egg Drop held on to her first stakes victory when she nipped Appealing by a head in the $150,000 Yellow Ribbon Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf Sept. 2 at Del Mar, then survived a long stewards' inquiry into the final stages.
With the top turf mares in Southern California missing the race, My Gi Gi is the 121-pound highweight in the $150,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 6 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence