Gaston and Anthony Grant's Green Gratto opened a seven-length lead turning for home and was never threatened in the stretch in the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes Dec. 26 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
A packed card of stakes at Laurel Park Nov. 14 will be highlighted by the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash, which will feature Antonino Miuccio's two-time grade I winner Palace.
As Palace prepares for the Nov. 1 Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), he doesn't simply represent New York by stabling and racing there. He is a New Yorker down to his bones.
New York-bred Palace, formerly a $20,000 claimer, earned his first grade I victory for owner Antonino Miuccio and trainer Linda Rice in the $350,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt (gr. I) Aug. 2 at Saratoga Race Course.
New York-bred Palace, claimed by his connections for $20,000 a little more than a year ago, rallied to win his first open stakes, the $300,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III), at Aqueduct Nov. 28.
Undefeated Cluster of Stars rolled to her seventh consecutive win when she outclassed five New York-bred opponents in frontrunning style by 3 1/4 lengths in the $150,000 Iroquois Stakes Oct. 19 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race