Gaston and Anthony Grant's Green Gratto opened a seven-length lead turning for home and was never threatened in the stretch in the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes Dec. 26 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
A packed card of stakes at Laurel Park Nov. 14 will be highlighted by the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash, which will feature Antonino Miuccio's two-time grade I winner Palace.
As Palace prepares for the Nov. 1 Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), he doesn't simply represent New York by stabling and racing there. He is a New Yorker down to his bones.
New York-bred Palace, formerly a $20,000 claimer, earned his first grade I victory for owner Antonino Miuccio and trainer Linda Rice in the $350,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt (gr. I) Aug. 2 at Saratoga Race Course.
New York-bred Palace, claimed by his connections for $20,000 a little more than a year ago, rallied to win his first open stakes, the $300,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III), at Aqueduct Nov. 28.
Undefeated Cluster of Stars rolled to her seventh consecutive win when she outclassed five New York-bred opponents in frontrunning style by 3 1/4 lengths in the $150,000 Iroquois Stakes Oct. 19 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid