The Oct. 5 City of Hope Stakes was meant as a trial run for No Jet Lag to see if he belonged in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT). He aced that test when he finished in 1:31.84, just off the record set last year by Wise Dan.
Making his second start in the U.S., No Jet Lag unleashed a strong turn of foot for a major upset in the Oct. 5 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park as 1-2 favorite Obviously gave up the lead to finish fourth.
Up In Time picked up her second graded stakes win this year when she surged past Celestial Kitten in the final furlong to win the $100,000 Harold C. Ramser Sr. (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Santa Anita Oct. 16.
Recent British import Up In Time swept past pacesetter Mizdirection in deep stretch to produce an 11-1 upset in the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Del Mar turf July 24.
For the third consecutive year, Jerry and Ann Moss were named Owners of the Year and their mare Zenyatta Horse of the Year by the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti