Anthony Joseph Hamilton Sr., 58, died Jan. 3 at the Bourbon Community Hospital in Paris, Ky.
Honoring the 2012 Inductees to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame. View Slideshow
An emotional John Velazquez received a standing ovation from a standing-room only crowd Aug. 10 at the Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., as the jockey led five other inductees into the Hall of Fame.
Anthony Hamilton, a prominent jockey during the 19th century, and Planet, a dominant racehorse in the years leading up to the Civil War, have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Matchmaker Offers Intriguing Matchup
- Monmouth Tried to Launch Three-Race Series