Anthony Bonomo Jr. pledged "to work to make New York racing the best it can be," saying that he would bring together owners, trainers, and racing executives "for the good of the sport."
Calvin Borel will be aboard Always in a Tiz in the $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) at Aqueduct Racetrack, trainer Dominick Schettino confirmed March 28.
Acting Happy put in her final work the morning of Aug. 16 at Saratoga in preparation for the Aug. 21 Betfair TVG Alabama Stakes (gr. I). Guided by jockey Jose Lezcano, she covered five furlongs in 1:02.64.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet
- 'Sensation' Still Questionable For HK Sprint