Anthony Bonomo Jr. pledged "to work to make New York racing the best it can be," saying that he would bring together owners, trainers, and racing executives "for the good of the sport."
Calvin Borel will be aboard Always in a Tiz in the $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) at Aqueduct Racetrack, trainer Dominick Schettino confirmed March 28.
Acting Happy put in her final work the morning of Aug. 16 at Saratoga in preparation for the Aug. 21 Betfair TVG Alabama Stakes (gr. I). Guided by jockey Jose Lezcano, she covered five furlongs in 1:02.64.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2