Anthony Bonomo, whose Brooklyn Boyz Stables is one of the partners on Xpressbet.com Florida Derby (G1) winner Always Dreaming, said his first trip to Saratoga Springs, N.Y.—a visit that was his wife Mary Ellen’s idea—drew him into the sport.
Anthony Bonomo Jr. pledged "to work to make New York racing the best it can be," saying that he would bring together owners, trainers, and racing executives "for the good of the sport."
Calvin Borel will be aboard Always in a Tiz in the $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) at Aqueduct Racetrack, trainer Dominick Schettino confirmed March 28.
Acting Happy put in her final work the morning of Aug. 16 at Saratoga in preparation for the Aug. 21 Betfair TVG Alabama Stakes (gr. I). Guided by jockey Jose Lezcano, she covered five furlongs in 1:02.64.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner