Toronado proved up to the challenge of facing top competition in his seasonal debut when the 4-year-old held off a late challenge from Verrazano to secure a victory in the Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I) June 17 at Royal Ascot.
Al Shaqab Racing's group I winner Toronado heads a field of 10 entered for the Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I) June 15, opening day at Royal Ascot.
Back at the top of his game, French star Cirrus des Aigles took control early in the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr. I) May 25 at Longchamp and won from comfortably from hard-trying Anodin.
Maxios upstaged favorite Olympic Glory in the Qatar Prix du Moulin de Longchamp (Fr-I) Sept. 16 at Longchamp, romping home by five lengths in his second group I victory of 2013.
After a pair of runner-up finishes last season, Wertheimer and Frere homebred Anodin, a full brother to three-time Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Goldikova, secured a clear victory in his 3-year-old debut.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20