One new steward and eight new members were appointed to The Jockey Club of Canada during the annual meeting of the members in June at Woodbine,
The Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association Nov. 6 elected officers and outlined its strategy for 2014.
The Jockeys' Guild announced Jan. 3 that 27 Guild members have been elected to the organization's senate. New senators include Alex Birzer, Abel Castellano Jr., James Graham, Brian Hernandez Jr., and Sheldon Russell.
The American Horse Council's National Issues Forum, entitled "Congress on a Diet: What It Means for the Horse Industry," will feature several prominent speakers, the organization announced June 2.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association held its annual board and member meetings Aug. 8 at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Breeders' Cup elected 13 new board members using a new method that gave foal and stallion nominators more input. The board also approved new eligibilty rules for horses entering a Breeders' Cup race.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) announced it will hold its annual meeting and marketing summit Sept. 29-Oct. 1 at The Mirage in Las Vegas. For the first time, the annual meeting will be held in Las Vegas and in conjunction with the marketing summit, which in previous years was held in early spring.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Preakness TV Rating Grows 6%
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch