Michael Wrona, the regular track announcer at Golden Gate Fields, is returning to Los Alamitos Race Course to call its two-week summer meet, which begins July 2.
Outgoing track announcer Robert Geller received the highest honor in Washington racing June 7, his final day at Emerald Downs.
Emerald Downs announced May 25 that 22-year-old Matt Dinerman has been hired as track announcer through the remainder of the 2015 season.
With the 2015 season opener at Fort Erie quickly approaching, there will be a new face in the announcer booth when Shannon "Sugar" Doyle begins duties June 2.
Jessica Paquette, senior director of communications at Suffolk Downs, wears many hats in her role at the track and now she can add race-calling to the long list.
Little more than a year after becoming the voice of the Triple Crown, Larry Collmus finds himself standing on the precipice of what may be racing history in the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Michael Wrona, widely considered one of the premier announcers in the country, won't be calling races at Lone Star Park this year. He and Lone Star were unable to agree on a contract.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance