Angela Hermann has been named the Golden Gate Fields track announcer for the remainder of the 2016 winter/spring meet. She will be the first full-time female track announcer in the United States.
Golden Gate Fields announcer Michael Wrona has won the contest to take Trevor Denman's position as Santa Anita Park's permanent race caller.
Paul Espinosa will become the full-time track announcer at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races when the 2016 meet begins Jan. 7.
Michael Wrona, the regular track announcer at Golden Gate Fields, is returning to Los Alamitos Race Course to call its two-week summer meet, which begins July 2.
Outgoing track announcer Robert Geller received the highest honor in Washington racing June 7, his final day at Emerald Downs.
Emerald Downs announced May 25 that 22-year-old Matt Dinerman has been hired as track announcer through the remainder of the 2015 season.
With the 2015 season opener at Fort Erie quickly approaching, there will be a new face in the announcer booth when Shannon "Sugar" Doyle begins duties June 2.
Jessica Paquette, senior director of communications at Suffolk Downs, wears many hats in her role at the track and now she can add race-calling to the long list.
Little more than a year after becoming the voice of the Triple Crown, Larry Collmus finds himself standing on the precipice of what may be racing history in the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
- By Gary West
Michael Wrona, widely considered one of the premier announcers in the country, won't be calling races at Lone Star Park this year. He and Lone Star were unable to agree on a contract.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Baffert Forever Linked to Unbridled's Song