The New York Racing Association will unveil a new attraction for the 2015 meet at Saratoga Race Course honoring one of the most renowned announcers in American racing.
Track announcer Dan Loiselle will call his last race at Woodbine Racetrack on May 31 bringing a 29-year career as thoroughbred race caller to a close.
National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame 2014 tribute to retiring race announcer Tom Durkin. watch video
It takes a real man to step off the throne while he's still on top. Read Blog
The new voice of the home of the Kentucky Derby will be announced Jan. 15. Churchill Downs will hold a press conference at the Louisville, Ky., racetrack to let the industry know who will replace Luke Kruytbosch, who died of an apparent heart attack July 14 at age 47.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016