Sometimes it's nice to be a big fish in a small pond a couple of turns off the beaten path. Download Now
Bittersweet is probably the best way to express my feelings on the following news: I will be leaving The Blood-Horse on May 22, just after my coverage of the Preakness. read blog
Dr. Wayne Mcllwraith updates the condition of Announce, who was a late scratch in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf, and Dynaslew, who was removed after the race in a horse ambulance. Watch Video
Martin Schwartz' Stacelita, a two-time grade I winner this year, was made the 2-1 favorite for the Nov. 4 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT). The 1 3/8-mile race is worth $2 million.
See the people and races at Longchamp. View Slideshow
Nahrain edged Announce by a nose in a thrilling renewal of the $475,888 Qatar Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 2.
An evenly-matched field of 11 fillies will go to the post in the $475,888 Qatar Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 2.
Prince Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farm earned another one-two sweep in a group I race when Announce held off Timepiece by a short neck to capture the $359,775 Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 21.
Announce, Indiana's leading sire of 2004, has been moved to Firal Ryder's Ryder's River Ridge Farm near Natchitoches, La.
Graded stakes winner Announce and newcomer Saf will stand in 2004 at Don and Dana Myers' Swifty Farms near Seymour, Ind.
Jockey Lonnie Meche and 15-1 Indy Fire won Friday night's $70,000 Miss Indiana Stakes at Hoosier Park in just a head bob over Jon Court and Miss Dakota.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit