Breeders' Cup announces the 2015 host site as Keeneland.
Sometimes it's nice to be a big fish in a small pond a couple of turns off the beaten path. Download Now
Bittersweet is probably the best way to express my feelings on the following news: I will be leaving The Blood-Horse on May 22, just after my coverage of the Preakness. read blog
Dr. Wayne Mcllwraith updates the condition of Announce, who was a late scratch in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf, and Dynaslew, who was removed after the race in a horse ambulance. Watch Video
Martin Schwartz' Stacelita, a two-time grade I winner this year, was made the 2-1 favorite for the Nov. 4 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT). The 1 3/8-mile race is worth $2 million.
See the people and races at Longchamp. View Slideshow
Nahrain edged Announce by a nose in a thrilling renewal of the $475,888 Qatar Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 2.
An evenly-matched field of 11 fillies will go to the post in the $475,888 Qatar Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 2.
Prince Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farm earned another one-two sweep in a group I race when Announce held off Timepiece by a short neck to capture the $359,775 Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 21.
Announce, Indiana's leading sire of 2004, has been moved to Firal Ryder's Ryder's River Ridge Farm near Natchitoches, La.
Graded stakes winner Announce and newcomer Saf will stand in 2004 at Don and Dana Myers' Swifty Farms near Seymour, Ind.
Jockey Lonnie Meche and 15-1 Indy Fire won Friday night's $70,000 Miss Indiana Stakes at Hoosier Park in just a head bob over Jon Court and Miss Dakota.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial