Jockey Rodolfo Arvizu, who assisted fellow rider Anne Von Rosen after a racing accident earlier this year at Turf Paradise, was presented with the 2014 White Horse Award by the Race Track Chaplaincy of America Oct. 30.
Turf Paradise is coordinating two fundraisers to assist injured jockey Anne Von Rosen, who was paralyzed below the waist in a spill March 11 at the Arizona track.
Citing the paralyzing injuries suffered by a rider in a recent Quarter Horse race at Turf Paradise, the Jockeys' Guild is calling on all tracks to put in place $1 million in catastrophic injury coverage.
Turf Paradise is coordinating efforts to raise funds to assist jockey Anne Von Rosen, who was seriously injured in a March 11 spill at the track.
Jockey Anne Von Rosen will undergo a second surgery following a March 11 spill in a Quarter Horse race at Turf Paradise in which Von Rosen suffered a serious spinal injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Take Charge Brandi Not Entered in Honeybee
- Charles Town Cancels Thursday Night Card
- Changes Possible on Federal Tax Withholdings
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Handle on U.S. Races Down 3.66% in February
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Rock Diva Dances to Auckland Cup Victory