Jockey Rodolfo Arvizu, who assisted fellow rider Anne Von Rosen after a racing accident earlier this year at Turf Paradise, was presented with the 2014 White Horse Award by the Race Track Chaplaincy of America Oct. 30.
Turf Paradise is coordinating two fundraisers to assist injured jockey Anne Von Rosen, who was paralyzed below the waist in a spill March 11 at the Arizona track.
Citing the paralyzing injuries suffered by a rider in a recent Quarter Horse race at Turf Paradise, the Jockeys' Guild is calling on all tracks to put in place $1 million in catastrophic injury coverage.
Turf Paradise is coordinating efforts to raise funds to assist jockey Anne Von Rosen, who was seriously injured in a March 11 spill at the track.
Jockey Anne Von Rosen will undergo a second surgery following a March 11 spill in a Quarter Horse race at Turf Paradise in which Von Rosen suffered a serious spinal injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton