Jockey Rodolfo Arvizu, who assisted fellow rider Anne Von Rosen after a racing accident earlier this year at Turf Paradise, was presented with the 2014 White Horse Award by the Race Track Chaplaincy of America Oct. 30.
Turf Paradise is coordinating two fundraisers to assist injured jockey Anne Von Rosen, who was paralyzed below the waist in a spill March 11 at the Arizona track.
Citing the paralyzing injuries suffered by a rider in a recent Quarter Horse race at Turf Paradise, the Jockeys' Guild is calling on all tracks to put in place $1 million in catastrophic injury coverage.
Turf Paradise is coordinating efforts to raise funds to assist jockey Anne Von Rosen, who was seriously injured in a March 11 spill at the track.
Jockey Anne Von Rosen will undergo a second surgery following a March 11 spill in a Quarter Horse race at Turf Paradise in which Von Rosen suffered a serious spinal injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet