Jockey Rodolfo Arvizu, who assisted fellow rider Anne Von Rosen after a racing accident earlier this year at Turf Paradise, was presented with the 2014 White Horse Award by the Race Track Chaplaincy of America Oct. 30.
Turf Paradise is coordinating two fundraisers to assist injured jockey Anne Von Rosen, who was paralyzed below the waist in a spill March 11 at the Arizona track.
Citing the paralyzing injuries suffered by a rider in a recent Quarter Horse race at Turf Paradise, the Jockeys' Guild is calling on all tracks to put in place $1 million in catastrophic injury coverage.
Turf Paradise is coordinating efforts to raise funds to assist jockey Anne Von Rosen, who was seriously injured in a March 11 spill at the track.
Jockey Anne Von Rosen will undergo a second surgery following a March 11 spill in a Quarter Horse race at Turf Paradise in which Von Rosen suffered a serious spinal injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return