Just days before the running of the $160,800 Vigil Stakes (Can-III), trainer Mike Keogh termed Mobil a "forgotten horse." Not after the 4-year-old colt's superb 2004 debut Saturday at Woodbine.
Multiple stakes winner Mobil makes his 2004 debut in Saturday's $160,800 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine with high expectations from trainer Mike Keogh.
Opening day Saturday at Woodbine could turn out to be a Fantastic Day for Robert Tiller, last year's champion conditioner in Canada, who sends out a prominent pair in the $133,950 Jacques Cartier Stakes, a seven-horse race that features tons of speed.
Wake At Noon, Canada's 2002 Horse of the Year, won his third straight stakes this season at Woodbine Sunday, taking the Seagram Cup in gate to wire fashion.
Jockey Constant Montpellier will have his first opportunity to test the Woodbine turf course in 2003 aboard Stage Classic in the $173,550 Connaught Cup Stakes (Can-III) Saturday.
Stronach Stable's inexperienced Phantom Light impressively defeated 11 of Canada's top older horses in Saturday's $172,650 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Early Wisdom's 33-1 shocker left trainer Barb Pirie breathless.
It's a wide-open 10-horse field that will battle it out at Woodbine Saturday in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes, the third jewel of Canada's Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing.
TJ's Lucky Moon pulls huge upset in Queen's Plate.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired