The Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council will advise the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to adopt policies on the mineral cobalt in line with a Racing Medication and Testing Consortium recommendation.
A council that makes recommendations on medication policies for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission will go along with several changes in withdrawal times and threshold levels.
The Jockey Club has called on leading industry organizations to come together to conduct a Salix study that would examine the timing of administration on the medication used to prevent exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage.
Initial results of a study conducted by the University of Kentucky Gluck Equine Research Center suggest accepted dosage levels for several corticosteroids commonly used in racing should be examined.
If Kentucky is going to join the Mid-Atlantic Uniform Medication Reform's efforts to put uniform medication rules in place in each racing state, it's going to take some work and time.
An initial introduction in Kentucky of the Mid-Atlantic Uniform Medication Program received raised eyebrows, but supporters of the changes are encouraged that the important racing state is giving the program consideration.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission May 16 kept alive a proposed regulation to phase out over three years race-day furosemide for graded and listed stakes, but not before the Equine Drug Research Council voted to reject it.
Two panels of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission have begun the lengthy--and potentially contentious--process of reviewing and revising the state's medication regulations.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory