Trojan Nation's connections are getting the same questions they received before the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), and their answer largely has been the same.
The last two Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) runners to arrive at Churchill Downs May 2 went onto the track for the first time May 3.
In the latest developments for the June 5 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), Spangled Star has been added to the field for the 1 1/2-mile classic while New Madrid has been withdrawn from consideration.
Sunday morning's heavy downpour subsided just in time for James McIngvale's Wimbledon to work shortly after the renovation break with regular exercise rider Dana Barnes aboard. The big gray son of Wild Rush posted a bullet five furlongs in :59 2/5 over a sloppy main track at Churchill Downs.
Fusao Sekiguchi's Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus returned to Churchill Downs Monday afternoon to continue his preparation for the $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic (GI) on Nov. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success