The last two Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) runners to arrive at Churchill Downs May 2 went onto the track for the first time May 3.
In the latest developments for the June 5 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), Spangled Star has been added to the field for the 1 1/2-mile classic while New Madrid has been withdrawn from consideration.
Sunday morning's heavy downpour subsided just in time for James McIngvale's Wimbledon to work shortly after the renovation break with regular exercise rider Dana Barnes aboard. The big gray son of Wild Rush posted a bullet five furlongs in :59 2/5 over a sloppy main track at Churchill Downs.
Fusao Sekiguchi's Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus returned to Churchill Downs Monday afternoon to continue his preparation for the $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic (GI) on Nov. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music