Trojan Nation's connections are getting the same questions they received before the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), and their answer largely has been the same.
The last two Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) runners to arrive at Churchill Downs May 2 went onto the track for the first time May 3.
In the latest developments for the June 5 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), Spangled Star has been added to the field for the 1 1/2-mile classic while New Madrid has been withdrawn from consideration.
Sunday morning's heavy downpour subsided just in time for James McIngvale's Wimbledon to work shortly after the renovation break with regular exercise rider Dana Barnes aboard. The big gray son of Wild Rush posted a bullet five furlongs in :59 2/5 over a sloppy main track at Churchill Downs.
Fusao Sekiguchi's Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus returned to Churchill Downs Monday afternoon to continue his preparation for the $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic (GI) on Nov. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field