The last two Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) runners to arrive at Churchill Downs May 2 went onto the track for the first time May 3.
In the latest developments for the June 5 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), Spangled Star has been added to the field for the 1 1/2-mile classic while New Madrid has been withdrawn from consideration.
Sunday morning's heavy downpour subsided just in time for James McIngvale's Wimbledon to work shortly after the renovation break with regular exercise rider Dana Barnes aboard. The big gray son of Wild Rush posted a bullet five furlongs in :59 2/5 over a sloppy main track at Churchill Downs.
Fusao Sekiguchi's Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus returned to Churchill Downs Monday afternoon to continue his preparation for the $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic (GI) on Nov. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby