Trojan Nation's connections are getting the same questions they received before the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), and their answer largely has been the same.
The last two Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) runners to arrive at Churchill Downs May 2 went onto the track for the first time May 3.
In the latest developments for the June 5 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), Spangled Star has been added to the field for the 1 1/2-mile classic while New Madrid has been withdrawn from consideration.
Sunday morning's heavy downpour subsided just in time for James McIngvale's Wimbledon to work shortly after the renovation break with regular exercise rider Dana Barnes aboard. The big gray son of Wild Rush posted a bullet five furlongs in :59 2/5 over a sloppy main track at Churchill Downs.
Fusao Sekiguchi's Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus returned to Churchill Downs Monday afternoon to continue his preparation for the $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic (GI) on Nov. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters