Sportech Racing, a division of Sportech PLC, announced it has entered into an agreement with Darby Development, manager and operator of Monmouth Park, to provide pari-mutuel wagering technology and services to the track.
Sportech PLC has enhanced its position in the online wagering market by acquiring eBet Online Inc., a California-based provider of technology and services to 20 outlets across North America.
Santa Anita heads into its annual meeting Dec. 26 without the television exposure enjoyed by its Southern California counterparts.
Magna Entertainment moved a step closer to acquiring Flamboro Downs when a company owned by one of its executives acquired the shares of the Ontario harness track.
Despite not being able to take bets on the two California Thoroughbred tracks currently operating, the Television Games Network said it is running neck and neck with competing account wagering entity XpressBet on total telephone and Internet handle for the first 12 days of legal advance deposit wagering (ADW) by California residents.
XpressBet, Magna Entertainment's revamped Internet and telephone service for in-home wagering, was "overwhelmed" by applications from prospective customers during its launch Jan. 26-27, a top company official said.
With the possibility of account wagering in California as soon as Jan. 1, officials at Magna Entertainment Corp., the owner of three major racetracks in the state, is keeping its plans quiet -- for now.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- Palace Malice Earns Bullet in Saratoga Breeze
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- Heart to Heart Wires Oceanport
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Trainer Chay Knight Dies at 80
- Casual Smile Continues Roll in Matchmaker
- Bradester Carries on in Monmouth Cup
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee