Two-time champion jockey Jamie Spencer, who has been the retained rider for Qatar Racing since 2013, has backed off his plan to retire and will now ride freelance.
Qatar Racing and Kingsclere Racing's progressive Elm Park stepped up to the group I level with style Oct. 25 at Doncaster, scoring an authoritative win in the Racing Post Trophy for 2-year-olds.
Two-year-olds got some spotlight on the Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) card Sept. 14 at the Curragh, with the filly Cursory Glance winning the Moyglare Stud Stakes and Gleneagles taking the Goffs Vincent O'Brien National Stakes.
Roger Smith's Kingston Hill charged past runner-up Romsdal with a mighty late run and won the Ladbrokes St. Leger, the third jewel in England's Triple Crown, Sept. 13 at Doncaster.
Paul Smith's unbeaten Kingston Hill will be a horse to watch for next season's classics after trouncing the field in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) Oct. 26 at Doncaster.
Recent Derby Italiano (Ity-II) winner Biz The Nurse took on elders for the first time in the Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) and scored a convincing victory June 9 at San Siro Racecourse.
German-trained Sortilege halted the 2012 unbeaten steak of Cherry Collect Oct. 28, holding back the dual Italian classic winner to win the Premio Lydia Tesio Longines (Ity-I) at Capanelle Racecourse in Rome.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode