Returning to the races for the first time since December, Forest Music got a head in front of Stephan's Angel at the wire in the May 14 $100,000 The Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course. Fall Fashion was 4 1/4 lengths back for third.
A well-matched field of 3-year-old fillies should make for both competitive betting and racing in the Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) Friday at Pimlico.
Trainer Tony Dutrow was forced to scratch Peter Angelos' undefeated Among My Souvenirs from Saturday's $100,000-added Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct when she developed an abscess in her right-front hoof.
Whoopi Cat, the likely favorite in Saturday's $100,000 Cicada (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct, was considered one of the East's leading juvenile fillies last summer until a foot abscess unexpectedly ended her season.
Just as expected, the $60,000 Marshua Stakes turned out to be a two-horse race with Among My Souvenirs beating Forestier in a furious drive to the wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop