Returning to the races for the first time since December, Forest Music got a head in front of Stephan's Angel at the wire in the May 14 $100,000 The Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course. Fall Fashion was 4 1/4 lengths back for third.
A well-matched field of 3-year-old fillies should make for both competitive betting and racing in the Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) Friday at Pimlico.
Trainer Tony Dutrow was forced to scratch Peter Angelos' undefeated Among My Souvenirs from Saturday's $100,000-added Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct when she developed an abscess in her right-front hoof.
Whoopi Cat, the likely favorite in Saturday's $100,000 Cicada (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct, was considered one of the East's leading juvenile fillies last summer until a foot abscess unexpectedly ended her season.
Just as expected, the $60,000 Marshua Stakes turned out to be a two-horse race with Among My Souvenirs beating Forestier in a furious drive to the wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot