Returning to the races for the first time since December, Forest Music got a head in front of Stephan's Angel at the wire in the May 14 $100,000 The Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course. Fall Fashion was 4 1/4 lengths back for third.
A well-matched field of 3-year-old fillies should make for both competitive betting and racing in the Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) Friday at Pimlico.
Trainer Tony Dutrow was forced to scratch Peter Angelos' undefeated Among My Souvenirs from Saturday's $100,000-added Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct when she developed an abscess in her right-front hoof.
Whoopi Cat, the likely favorite in Saturday's $100,000 Cicada (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct, was considered one of the East's leading juvenile fillies last summer until a foot abscess unexpectedly ended her season.
Just as expected, the $60,000 Marshua Stakes turned out to be a two-horse race with Among My Souvenirs beating Forestier in a furious drive to the wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Steps Toward Integrity
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby