Returning to the races for the first time since December, Forest Music got a head in front of Stephan's Angel at the wire in the May 14 $100,000 The Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course. Fall Fashion was 4 1/4 lengths back for third.
A well-matched field of 3-year-old fillies should make for both competitive betting and racing in the Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) Friday at Pimlico.
Trainer Tony Dutrow was forced to scratch Peter Angelos' undefeated Among My Souvenirs from Saturday's $100,000-added Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct when she developed an abscess in her right-front hoof.
Whoopi Cat, the likely favorite in Saturday's $100,000 Cicada (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct, was considered one of the East's leading juvenile fillies last summer until a foot abscess unexpectedly ended her season.
Just as expected, the $60,000 Marshua Stakes turned out to be a two-horse race with Among My Souvenirs beating Forestier in a furious drive to the wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies