Centralinteligence could be bound for the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) after he swept past pacesetter Comma to the Top en route to his first stakes win June 29 in the Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Coffee Clique swept past runaway pacesetter Leigh Court in upper stretch and bounded to an easy four-length win in the $152,019 Selene (Can-III) May 19, collecting her first stakes tally at Woodbine.
Amerman Racing Stables' Balance heads a field of eight 3-year-old fillies entered for Saturday's $500,000 Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Amerman Racing's Balance overpowered her eight rivals in Sunday's $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) to make it back-to-back grade I victories for trainer David Hofmans and established herself as Southern California's leading contender for the May 5 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Beaten by just a half-length in her first try for a grade I victory in December, Amerman Racing's Balance got the job done in fine fashion Saturday, winning the $250,000 Las Virgenes (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park.
A colt from the first crop grade of II winner Prime Timber was the star Wednesday at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Amerman Racing's Adoration finally caught the Argentine mare Star Parade in the $300,000 Santa Margarita Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Sunday, returning to the Santa Anita Park winner's circle for the first time since her 40-1 upset in last year's Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014