Todd Pletcher told officials at Ascot Racecourse that he is seriously considering the Queen Anne Stakes (G1) at Royal Ascot for American Patriot. The straight mile contest on turf is scheduled for June 20.
Reserved at the start but flying at the end, WinStar Farm's American Patriot nipped hard-trying Heart to Heart in the final strides of the $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile (G1T) April 14 at Keeneland.
After a narrow victory in the Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT), Beach Patrol will try for a second straight graded stakes win against other 3-year-olds on the turf Oct. 8 in the Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park.
WinStar Farm's American Patriot is among 10 3-year-olds entered for the $200,000 Commonwealth Derby (gr. IIT) coming up Sept. 24, bringing grade I stakes-placed credentials into the 1 1/8-mile turf stakes.
Classic-placed Cherry Wine will return to grass racing Saturday, Aug. 13 as one of nine 3-year-olds entered in the Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington International Racecourse.
WinStar Farm homebred American Patriot overhauled pacesetter He'll Pay in the stretch and edged away to win the $200,000 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 16 at Delaware Park.
American Patriot, a 5-year-old son of Mr. Prospector from the female family of major turf sire Silver Hawk, will stand at Alfred Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection