WinStar Farm's American Patriot is among 10 3-year-olds entered for the $200,000 Commonwealth Derby (gr. IIT) coming up Sept. 24, bringing grade I stakes-placed credentials into the 1 1/8-mile turf stakes.
Classic-placed Cherry Wine will return to grass racing Saturday, Aug. 13 as one of nine 3-year-olds entered in the Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington International Racecourse.
WinStar Farm homebred American Patriot overhauled pacesetter He'll Pay in the stretch and edged away to win the $200,000 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 16 at Delaware Park.
American Patriot, a 5-year-old son of Mr. Prospector from the female family of major turf sire Silver Hawk, will stand at Alfred Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup