Fresh off a victory in the Tampa Bay Stakes (gr. IIIT) 14 days earlier, Lochte looks to continue his winning ways Feb. 7 in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT).
West Point Thoroughbreds' favored Twilight Eclipse likely punched his ticket to Dubai with an impressive victory in the $200,000 Mac Diarmida Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 15 at Gulfstream Park.
West Point Thorughbreds' gelding returns to the scene of his world record in Saturday's $200,000 Mac Diarmida Stakes (gr. IIT) at 1 3/8 miles Feb. 15.
British invader Seek Again, making his United States debut, rode the rail under Corey Nakatani to an impressive victory in the $250,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT), which was run for the final time Dec. 1 at Hollywood Park.
Graded stakes winners Admiral Kitten and Jack Milton ship in for the $250,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Dec. 1, where they will face a solid group of local 3-year-olds on the Betfair Hollywood Park turf.
Trainer Chris Block has a solid success rate at Kentucky Downs, where his family's Team Block has run eight horses to three wins, three seconds, and a third in stakes competition over the years.
Ten domestic and three European-based 3-year-olds comprise a field of 13 for the $500,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 17 on the turf course at Arlington Park, with Jack Milton established as the 3-1 favorite.
John Oxley's Star Contender is highweighted at 123 pounds in a field of 11 for the $100,000 Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT), but SamSon Farms' Up With the Birds has beaten him and will likely be favored at Keeneland April 5.
Though the race is on the grass, the $150,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles March 3 at Gulfstream Park has the potential to serve as a springboard to the Triple Crown trail.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase