Ambitious Dragon, one of the greatest runners in the history of Hong Kong racing, has been retired.
Able Friend, Hong Kong's highest-rated horse, takes on 10 opponents, including top-class Irish runner Gordon Lord Byron, for the first international edition of the Queen's Silver Jubilee Cup March 15 at Sha Tin.
Local rivalry and international challenge spice up the April 28 Audemars Piguet QE II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin in Hong Kong.
Ambitious Dragon overcame a raft of problems, including an injury the day before the race, and still produced a dramatic run to win the Longines Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) Dec. 9 by three-quarters of a length.
California Memory tuned up for his repeat bid for the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) next month with a game victory in the Longines Jockey Club Cup (HK-II) on Nov. 18 at Sha Tin.
Presvis will attempt to defend his title when he takes on a talented field of international runners in the $5-million Dubai Duty Free Sponsored by Dubai Duty Free (UAE-IT) at Meydan Racecourse March 31.
Simon Burgess talks with trainer Tony Millard who has Ambitious Dragon in the Hong Kong Cup. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky