A colt by Irish-based Lawman brought the highest overall price at the Doncaster premier yearling sale, selling to Amanda Skiffington for 215,000 ($326,141 in United States funds) on the final day Aug. 28.
A Dutch Art filly brought 120,000 guineas ($199,446 in U.S. funds) Oct. 13 in England to top the third session of the Book Two portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale.
Flag Day is the top-priced horse, bringing 115,000 guineas ($182,819 in U.S. funds).
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket Saturday evening with record figures. The 28.8 million guineas turnover was up 24% on 2005, the 38,688gns average rose by 34% while the 22,000gns median was up by 25%.
July Cup (Eng-I) heroine Frizzante (GB) realized 500,000gns at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket Wednesday night when bought by James Wigan of London Thoroughbred Services.
Most Popular Stories
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Breeders' Cup Ramps Up Recruiting in Europe
- NTRA Safety Alliance Re-Accredits Aqueduct
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Concern, Tuscalee Inducted into Maryland Hall
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree