A colt by Irish-based Lawman brought the highest overall price at the Doncaster premier yearling sale, selling to Amanda Skiffington for 215,000 ($326,141 in United States funds) on the final day Aug. 28.
A Dutch Art filly brought 120,000 guineas ($199,446 in U.S. funds) Oct. 13 in England to top the third session of the Book Two portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale.
Flag Day is the top-priced horse, bringing 115,000 guineas ($182,819 in U.S. funds).
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket Saturday evening with record figures. The 28.8 million guineas turnover was up 24% on 2005, the 38,688gns average rose by 34% while the 22,000gns median was up by 25%.
July Cup (Eng-I) heroine Frizzante (GB) realized 500,000gns at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket Wednesday night when bought by James Wigan of London Thoroughbred Services.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees