There was a sense of deja vu during Day 2 of Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale Oct. 11 as Godolphin's John Ferguson, who parted with just under 14 million guineas during Book 1, bought the top lot, a son of Kodiac at 380,000 guineas.
A Kodiac colt will head into training with Hugo Palmer following his purchase for 130,000 euros ($144,723), the highest price on opening day of Part I of the Tattersalls Ireland September sale Sept. 22 at Fairyhouse.
British bloodstock agent Amanda Skiffington went to the top price of 4 million rands ($351,003 in U.S. funds) to secure a Var colt at the final session of the Cape Premier Yearling Sale Jan. 23 in Cape Town, South Africa.
The Goffs Orby Sale in Ireland concluded Oct. 1 with an 8% increase in average and a 23% median gain as another yearling brought a final price in excess of seven figures.
A colt by Irish-based Lawman brought the highest overall price at the Doncaster premier yearling sale, selling to Amanda Skiffington for 215,000 ($326,141 in United States funds) on the final day Aug. 28.
A Dutch Art filly brought 120,000 guineas ($199,446 in U.S. funds) Oct. 13 in England to top the third session of the Book Two portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale.
Flag Day is the top-priced horse, bringing 115,000 guineas ($182,819 in U.S. funds).
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket Saturday evening with record figures. The 28.8 million guineas turnover was up 24% on 2005, the 38,688gns average rose by 34% while the 22,000gns median was up by 25%.
July Cup (Eng-I) heroine Frizzante (GB) realized 500,000gns at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket Wednesday night when bought by James Wigan of London Thoroughbred Services.
Most Popular Stories
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight