First-time blinkers made all the difference for Olympic Glory, who cruised past supplemental entry Top Notch Tonto for a clear win in the 1 million QIPCO Queen Elizabeth Stakes II (Eng-I) Oct. 19 at Ascot.
Craig Family Trust helps Barretts January mixed sale by attracting buyers worldwide.
Maraahel, an English group II winner, has been retired from racing and is scheduled to be sent to Trinidad and Tobago.
Alzao, who reached the 100 mark by number of stakes winners last year, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Coolmore Stud in Ireland.
Angara's great closing kick served her well in the $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT) Saturday as she defeated another great superb runner in Megahertz on a yielding Arlington Park turf.
Some five weeks after Ashford Stud stallion Woodman sired his 100th stakes winner, the outfit's parent company, Irish-based Coolmore Stud, welcomed another member of its stallion corps to the century club. Alzao, a 25-year-old Northern Dancer grandson who stands at Coolmore, joined his sire, Lyphard, in the exclusive group
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
Lightly raced British invader Albanova held off a game challenge from Dayano in the final yards for a neck victory in the West LB Deutschland Preis (Ger-I) at Dusseldorf on Sunday.
Part 2 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale started in strong fashion Wednesday in England
English-bred Luvah Girl wore down Himalayan in the stretch run and held off a flying Katdogawn by a head to capture Friday's $110,800 La Habra Stakes for 3-year-old fillies by a head at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes