Kept in training, Robert Evans' Irish Mission returned immediate dividends, taking the $150,000 Very One Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 21.
After closing 2014 with a win in the La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf, Irish Mission will attempt to open 2015 with a win on that same course in the Very One Stakes (gr. IIIT.)
Christophe Clement is enjoying the best year of his career since going out on his own in 1991 with almost $9 million in purse earnings, including a first victory in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with Tonalist.
For his first start back from Europe after a fourth-place finish in the Darley July Cup (Eng-I), grade III winner Undrafted will try the European-style turf course at Kentucky Downs.
Haras du Mezeray and Skymarc Farm's Aigue Marine benefited from a ground-saving trip to capture her first United States stakes win in the $200,000 Robert G. Dick Memorial Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park July 5.
After finishing second to Kitten's Dumplings in a pair of stakes races on the turf at Churchill Downs, Praia will ship to Colonial Downs in search of the first stakes win of her career.
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista