A grade I winner as a juvenile, Gary and Mary West's Power Broker will try to secure the second stakes victory of his career June 8 in the $150,000 Easy Goer Stakes at Belmont Park.
Giant Finish, who finished 10th in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), turned in his final serious work for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) June 4, breezing a half-mile on the main track.
Trainer Ken McPeek confirmed Monday June 3 that Magic City Thoroughbred Partners' Frac Daddy will run Saturday in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park in field that could include 15 starters.
Always in a Tiz, most recently ninth in the Wood Memorial (gr. I), breezed five furlongs in 1:01.12 on the morning of June 1 at Belmont Park for a possible start in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) in a week.
Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) winner Verrazano was assigned post 8 as the 4-5 favorite on the morning line for the $1 million Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) to be run April 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Calvin Borel will be aboard Always in a Tiz in the $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) at Aqueduct Racetrack, trainer Dominick Schettino confirmed March 28.
The Southwest states will be run at 1 1/16 mile for the first time in its 33 year history, so we're not looking for a horse that can take advantage of the "short stretch mile" at Oaklawn Park.
Willis Horton's Smarty Jones Stakes winner Will Take Charge looks to continue his progress on the road to the Kentucky Derby against nine others in the $300,000 Southwest Stakes Feb. 18 at Oaklawn Park.
Willis Horton's Will Take Charge notched his first stakes victory Jan. 21 when he got the best of eight other 3-year-olds in the $150,000 Smarty Jones Stakes at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Horsemen's Track and Equipment Offers Scholarship
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Racehorse Repurposing, Retirement Funds Available
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts