A grade I winner as a juvenile, Gary and Mary West's Power Broker will try to secure the second stakes victory of his career June 8 in the $150,000 Easy Goer Stakes at Belmont Park.
Giant Finish, who finished 10th in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), turned in his final serious work for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) June 4, breezing a half-mile on the main track.
Trainer Ken McPeek confirmed Monday June 3 that Magic City Thoroughbred Partners' Frac Daddy will run Saturday in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park in field that could include 15 starters.
Always in a Tiz, most recently ninth in the Wood Memorial (gr. I), breezed five furlongs in 1:01.12 on the morning of June 1 at Belmont Park for a possible start in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) in a week.
Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) winner Verrazano was assigned post 8 as the 4-5 favorite on the morning line for the $1 million Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) to be run April 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Calvin Borel will be aboard Always in a Tiz in the $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) at Aqueduct Racetrack, trainer Dominick Schettino confirmed March 28.
The Southwest states will be run at 1 1/16 mile for the first time in its 33 year history, so we're not looking for a horse that can take advantage of the "short stretch mile" at Oaklawn Park.
Willis Horton's Smarty Jones Stakes winner Will Take Charge looks to continue his progress on the road to the Kentucky Derby against nine others in the $300,000 Southwest Stakes Feb. 18 at Oaklawn Park.
Willis Horton's Will Take Charge notched his first stakes victory Jan. 21 when he got the best of eight other 3-year-olds in the $150,000 Smarty Jones Stakes at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows