Tac de Boistron delivered a career-best effort for an authoritative five-length win in the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I, French St. Leger) Oct. 27 at Longchamp.
With plenty of stamina in reserve, Altano shook off runner-up Tac de Boistron in the straight and took the Qatar Prix du Cadran (Fr-I) for stayers by 2 1/2 lengths Oct. 6 at Longchamp.
The Gold Cup (Eng-I) is Ascot's oldest surviving race and attracted 18 entrants for this year's renewal June 20 at the Royal meeting, including previous winners Colour Vision and Rite of Passage.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Arizona's Global Symposium Registration Open