Tac de Boistron delivered a career-best effort for an authoritative five-length win in the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I, French St. Leger) Oct. 27 at Longchamp.
With plenty of stamina in reserve, Altano shook off runner-up Tac de Boistron in the straight and took the Qatar Prix du Cadran (Fr-I) for stayers by 2 1/2 lengths Oct. 6 at Longchamp.
The Gold Cup (Eng-I) is Ascot's oldest surviving race and attracted 18 entrants for this year's renewal June 20 at the Royal meeting, including previous winners Colour Vision and Rite of Passage.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen