Tac de Boistron delivered a career-best effort for an authoritative five-length win in the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I, French St. Leger) Oct. 27 at Longchamp.
With plenty of stamina in reserve, Altano shook off runner-up Tac de Boistron in the straight and took the Qatar Prix du Cadran (Fr-I) for stayers by 2 1/2 lengths Oct. 6 at Longchamp.
The Gold Cup (Eng-I) is Ascot's oldest surviving race and attracted 18 entrants for this year's renewal June 20 at the Royal meeting, including previous winners Colour Vision and Rite of Passage.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2