Tac de Boistron delivered a career-best effort for an authoritative five-length win in the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I, French St. Leger) Oct. 27 at Longchamp.
With plenty of stamina in reserve, Altano shook off runner-up Tac de Boistron in the straight and took the Qatar Prix du Cadran (Fr-I) for stayers by 2 1/2 lengths Oct. 6 at Longchamp.
The Gold Cup (Eng-I) is Ascot's oldest surviving race and attracted 18 entrants for this year's renewal June 20 at the Royal meeting, including previous winners Colour Vision and Rite of Passage.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Gulfstream 'Cap Distance Fits Private Zone
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Winning Prize to Defend Kilroe Mile Title
- Conquest Two Step One to Beat in San Carlos
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- El Kabeir the Colt to Beat in Gotham