A daughter of Darley sire Dubawi was the object of a lengthy bidding duel Aug. 18 at the second session Arqana Deauville August yearling sale before selling for the evening's highest price of 1.5 million euros.
Alpine Rose withstood the late challenge of Lady Marian to notch her first group I victory, taking the Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) by a short head at Deauville Aug. 23. Earlier in the day, Arcano set a course record in winning the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I).
He may be banned from racing in Britain, but Spanish Moon proved to be successful in France, charging to a 1 1/2-length win in the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud June 28.
The Aga Khan Studs sold the four most expensive horses – including Alpine Rose, who brought 550,000 euros -- during the second session of the Arqana December breeding stock sale in France Dec. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- OBS June Supplemental Catalog Online
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Evangeline Reschedules Three Stakes to June 6
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare
- Keeneland Sales VP Robertson to Retire