Last year's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) runner-up My Miss Sophia will open her 4-year-old campaign Friday, April 15 as one of nine fillies and mares entered in the Hilliard Lyons Doubledogdare Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Devil's Cave repelled challengers Sweet N Discreet and 3-5 favorite My Pal Chrisy en route to victory in her stakes debut by two lengths in the $100,000 Ocala Dec. 29 at Gulfstream Park.
Afleeting Lady built a three-race win streak and gave trainer Dale Romans his 19th graded stakes score of the season when she powered to victory in the $162,450 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 22 at Churchill Downs.
Afleeting Lady had things her way in the Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park as she raced slightly off the pace set by All Due Respect before drawing clear in the final furlong to win by 3 1/2 lengths,
Grade I winner Mona de Momma, a 5-year-old mare by Speightstown, fetched $1.55 million from Jon Clay of Alpha Delta Stables during the last hour of the Faisg Tipton November sale. She was consigned by Lane's End, agent.
Sea The Stars, 2009 Cartier Horse of the Year and 3-year-old male, sired a filly from his first crop April 7 at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic