The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale July 15 in Lexington started this year's yearling season on a strong note with double-digit percentage increases in average and median.
Nat Rea's Regis Farms struck early at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July sale by landing a Desert Party filly for $460,000, through noon July 15 the highest-priced yearling at the sale and highest since 2006.
When you turn to the consignors' index in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale's catalog, one of the first names you'll see is Allied Bloodstock.
Bert Welker and Clark Shepherd have partnered to form Allied Bloodstock, a full-service Thoroughbred bloodstock operation located in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico