Juddmonte Farm purchases a $600,000 Trappe Shot colt, a three-quarters brother to Tapizar, at Keeneland September's Book 2 opener, which posted mixed results Sept. 13.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale July 15 in Lexington started this year's yearling season on a strong note with double-digit percentage increases in average and median.
Nat Rea's Regis Farms struck early at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July sale by landing a Desert Party filly for $460,000, through noon July 15 the highest-priced yearling at the sale and highest since 2006.
When you turn to the consignors' index in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale's catalog, one of the first names you'll see is Allied Bloodstock.
Bert Welker and Clark Shepherd have partnered to form Allied Bloodstock, a full-service Thoroughbred bloodstock operation located in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates