Juddmonte Farm purchases a $600,000 Trappe Shot colt, a three-quarters brother to Tapizar, at Keeneland September's Book 2 opener, which posted mixed results Sept. 13.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale July 15 in Lexington started this year's yearling season on a strong note with double-digit percentage increases in average and median.
Nat Rea's Regis Farms struck early at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July sale by landing a Desert Party filly for $460,000, through noon July 15 the highest-priced yearling at the sale and highest since 2006.
When you turn to the consignors' index in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale's catalog, one of the first names you'll see is Allied Bloodstock.
Bert Welker and Clark Shepherd have partnered to form Allied Bloodstock, a full-service Thoroughbred bloodstock operation located in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule