Take Control, a son of A.P. Indy, out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, was euthanized after sustaining an injury to his right front leg in a workout the morning of Oct. 17 at Santa Anita Park.
Millionaire Dahlia, who earned an Eclipse Award and twice was England's Horse of the Year, was euthanized April 6 at age 31 at Gerald Ford's Diamond A Farm near Versailles, Ky. The daughter of Vaguely Noble had been pensioned since 1996 and was buried at the farm. "She was a grand mare with great presence," said farm manager Ted Carr.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes
- Pletcher Contenders Breeze for Pegasus
- First Foal for Silver Max a Filly