Take Control, a son of A.P. Indy, out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, was euthanized after sustaining an injury to his right front leg in a workout the morning of Oct. 17 at Santa Anita Park.
Millionaire Dahlia, who earned an Eclipse Award and twice was England's Horse of the Year, was euthanized April 6 at age 31 at Gerald Ford's Diamond A Farm near Versailles, Ky. The daughter of Vaguely Noble had been pensioned since 1996 and was buried at the farm. "She was a grand mare with great presence," said farm manager Ted Carr.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses