Take Control, a son of A.P. Indy, out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, was euthanized after sustaining an injury to his right front leg in a workout the morning of Oct. 17 at Santa Anita Park.
Millionaire Dahlia, who earned an Eclipse Award and twice was England's Horse of the Year, was euthanized April 6 at age 31 at Gerald Ford's Diamond A Farm near Versailles, Ky. The daughter of Vaguely Noble had been pensioned since 1996 and was buried at the farm. "She was a grand mare with great presence," said farm manager Ted Carr.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test