Take Control, a son of A.P. Indy, out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, was euthanized after sustaining an injury to his right front leg in a workout the morning of Oct. 17 at Santa Anita Park.
Millionaire Dahlia, who earned an Eclipse Award and twice was England's Horse of the Year, was euthanized April 6 at age 31 at Gerald Ford's Diamond A Farm near Versailles, Ky. The daughter of Vaguely Noble had been pensioned since 1996 and was buried at the farm. "She was a grand mare with great presence," said farm manager Ted Carr.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity