Take Control, a son of A.P. Indy, out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, was euthanized after sustaining an injury to his right front leg in a workout the morning of Oct. 17 at Santa Anita Park.
Millionaire Dahlia, who earned an Eclipse Award and twice was England's Horse of the Year, was euthanized April 6 at age 31 at Gerald Ford's Diamond A Farm near Versailles, Ky. The daughter of Vaguely Noble had been pensioned since 1996 and was buried at the farm. "She was a grand mare with great presence," said farm manager Ted Carr.
Most Popular Stories
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Xtra Heat Halter to be Auctioned
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- Rock Fall Looks to Step Up in Vanderbilt
- Imagining Heads Tough Bowling Green at Spa
- Record Derby Week Keys Strong CDI Performance
- La Verdad Cruises in Honorable Miss
- Saratoga's PDJF Awareness Day Events Aug. 1
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell