Hawthorne Racecourse is geared up for its fall Thoroughbred meet, with 85 horses entered on the Oct. 4 opening day nine-race card. The meet runs runs through Sunday, Dec. 29.
Hawthorne Race Course has hired industry veteran Allan Plever as racing secretary and director of racing operations, the Chicagoland oval announced in a release June 11.
The 2009 Pinnacle Race Course season will feature the creation of several new state-bred days as part of a $1,100,000 2009 stakes schedule.
Matt Hook has joined Pinnacle Race Course as track announcer, with additional roles as assistant racing secretary and track handicapper. The announcement was made July 16 by Pinnacle Race Course general manager Allan Plever.
Michigan officials were present at an April 4 groundbreaking ceremony to launch the development of Pinnacle Race Course, which will be Michigan's only Thoroughbred racetrack when it begins racing July 18.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Why I Want a Triple Crown Winner
- Southern Honey Seeks Repeat in Winning Colors
- Xtra Luck Goes Distance for Louisville Win
- Firing Line Returns to Track at Santa Anita
- Trujillo to Move Tack to Monmouth Park