Steve Barham (Oregon), Bennett Liebman (New York), and Allan Monat (Illinois) will comprise the independent panel the Association of Racing Commissioners International has formed to certify compliance with key integrity standards each year.
An Association of Racing Commissioners International's (RCI) committee said regulatory standards for racetrack rail systems should be updated to embrace new systems and technologies developed to protect jockeys and horses.
In a lawsuit filed last month, Arlington Park contends the Illinois Racing Board acted improperly when it seized 18 simulcast host days and awarded them to rival Hawthorne Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Portrade Back at Saratoga for A.P. Smithwick
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Plumptre Leaving Godolphin Australia Position
- Spendthrift Australia Schedules Stallion Parades
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney