The Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission endorsed a plan Friday to implement testing for the presence of alkalizing agents - or "milkshakes" - in racehorses during the 2006 Delaware Park season.
Following the lead of other U.S. racing jurisdictions, the National Steeplechase Association will randomly test for alkalizing agents or "milkshakes" on race day. The enforcement begins March 26 at the Aiken Steeplechase in Aiken, S.C.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Champagne Room Earns Toast as Champion 2-Year-Old Filly
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse