The Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission endorsed a plan Friday to implement testing for the presence of alkalizing agents - or "milkshakes" - in racehorses during the 2006 Delaware Park season.
Following the lead of other U.S. racing jurisdictions, the National Steeplechase Association will randomly test for alkalizing agents or "milkshakes" on race day. The enforcement begins March 26 at the Aiken Steeplechase in Aiken, S.C.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill