The Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission endorsed a plan Friday to implement testing for the presence of alkalizing agents - or "milkshakes" - in racehorses during the 2006 Delaware Park season.
Following the lead of other U.S. racing jurisdictions, the National Steeplechase Association will randomly test for alkalizing agents or "milkshakes" on race day. The enforcement begins March 26 at the Aiken Steeplechase in Aiken, S.C.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns