The Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission endorsed a plan Friday to implement testing for the presence of alkalizing agents - or "milkshakes" - in racehorses during the 2006 Delaware Park season.
Following the lead of other U.S. racing jurisdictions, the National Steeplechase Association will randomly test for alkalizing agents or "milkshakes" on race day. The enforcement begins March 26 at the Aiken Steeplechase in Aiken, S.C.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro