The Fasig-Tipton Florida sale has produced a pipeline of stakes-winning graduates, and consignors hope those successes will boost this year's sale of pedigree-rich select 2-year-olds in training March 4 at Gulfstream Park.
Colts by Uncle Mo and Kitten's Joy topped the work tab for the fastest eighth-mile breeze--one on dirt, the other on turf--at the Fasig-Tipton Florida under-tack show March 2 at Gulfstream Park.
The first of two open sessions of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 27 experienced across-the-board declines when compared to last year's record-setting open sale.
Fasig-Tipton's July yearling sale opens the yearling auction season with mixed figures and a $550,000 sale-topper, a Cowboy Cal half brother to Hoppertunity and three-quarters brother to Executiveprivilege.
Alfredo Lichoa of Northwest Stud discusses his purchase of the $550,000 Cowboy Cal colt at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July Sale. watch video
About 60% through the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale July 14 in Lexington, the auction saw a new high price when Alfredo Lichoa went to $550,000 to land a Cowboy Cal colt.
The fastest time for a quarter mile in three days of under tack previews was posted by a bay colt by Harlan's Holiday who breezed in :20 3/5 April 17 for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale at Ocala Training Center.
With a bullish juvenile sale market on the move, Fasig-Tipton enters its annual Florida sale of select 2-year-olds in training March 24 at Adena Springs South near Williston, Fla.
Expectations are understandably high heading into Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected sale of 2-year-olds in training March 11 in Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Mubtaahij Races For 'Other' Sheikh in Belmont
- Champion Untapable Formidable in Ogden Phipps
- Champion Escena Dead at Age 22 in Kentucky
- Acorn Stakes Field Deep and Wide
- Five Aim for First Stakes Score in Easy Goer
- Tonalist Looks to Continue Met Mile Trend
- Personal Diary Looks to Rebound in Mint Julep