Concluding its 10th season, Zia Park reported record all-sources handle of $536,316 for the 56-day meeting that ended Dec. 2.
Favored That's Who prevailed in the $192,720 Rocky Gulch New Mexico Classic Championship, giving trainer Joel Marr and jockey Alfredo Juarez Jr. four wins apiece on the rich program for state-breds Oct. 26 at Zia Park.
New Mexico-based jockey Alfredo Juarez Jr. secured the 2,000th victory of his career Sunday, Sept. 22 at Zia Park when he guided Chuchuluco to a front-running victory in the eighth race.
Last out claimer First Strike kept Thirtyfirststreet at bay in the stretch to score the $150,000 Zia Park Derby Dec. 3.
Poni Colada remained unbeaten in New Mexico with an eight-length laugher in the $100,000 Borderland Derby for 3-year-olds at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino on Feb. 16.
Trial by Jury rallied late in the stretch to nail 1-2 favorite New Export by a neck in Saturday's $200,000 Dallas Turf Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Jockey Alfredo Juarez Jr. suffered an undetermined injury to his right foot and abrasions and bruises to his right shoulder after being thrown to the Arlington Park turf course when his mount, Naskramoon, broke down in the vicinity of the sixteenth pole in the fifth race Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan