A rainy morning in Lexington gave way to cloudy skies and dry conditions that prevailed just long enough to squeeze in the under tack preview for Keeneland's select sale of 2-year-olds in training April 3.
Skeedattle Stable's Dixie Talking, a Maryland invader dismissed at 27-1, rallied widest of all Saturday afternoon to take Aqueduct's $109,800 Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at seven furlongs.
Undefeated Maddalena disposed of her stablemate Portsea on the turn and romped to victory in her stakes debut for trainer Todd Pletcher in the $100,000 Old Hat (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
New York graded stakes winner Toll Taker and New York graded stakes-placed Alfonsina share the topweight of 119 pounds in Saturday's Old Hat Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
The Steve Asmussen-trained Megascape, shouldering top weight of 122 pounds, went gate to wire to easily upset odds-on favorite Alfonsina in the $106,500 Valley Stream (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Aqueduct.
Kentucky-based trainer Rebecca "Becky" Maker saddles her first starter at Aqueduct when she send Galactic Cat to the post Sunday in the $100,000-added Valley Stream (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Cooperative, Monarch End Simulcast Dispute
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- Stellar Wind Striking for Curlin
- Grade I Winner La Tia Retired
- NYRA's On-Track Handle Rises in 2014
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27