The 5-year-old son of Pioneerof the Nile galloped out to an easy lead, was never threatened, and drew off to a 7 3/4-length victory.
Bright Thought, winner of the John Henry Turf Championship (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park, will not run in the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), trainer Phil D'Amato said Oct. 17.
Bright Thought turned the tables on his heavily favored stablemate Big John B in the $200,000 John Henry Turf Championship (gr. IIT) Sept. 28 at Santa Anita Park with his first win since March 2013.
Midnight Storm was able to parcel his speed effectively while on an easy lead in the $300,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) and glided through the stretch in command to post a 17-1 surprise Aug. 31 over the turf.
Bright Thought, a scintillating 3 1/4-length winner of the $150,000 San Luis Rey Stakes going 1 1/2 miles on turf March 16, has established a new world record time of 2:22.72, according to the American Racing Manual.
Bright Thought, making his graded stakes debut, pulled away in the stretch to capture the $150,750 San Luis Rey (gr. IIT) in course record time on the turf March 16 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Slimmed Down Racing May Be Finding Its Footing
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt