The Pamplemousse, who was a major player on the 2009 Triple Crown trail before being injured, started jogging earlier this month and will begin galloping in July, his trainer Julio Canani said June 17.
Trainer Julio Canani insists he doesn't have Derby fever yet. But after the way his The Pamplemousse glided to victory as the 1-2 choice in the $200,000 Sham Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Feb. 28, that's going to be more difficult to believe as time marches on toward the first Saturday in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees