The Pamplemousse, who was a major player on the 2009 Triple Crown trail before being injured, started jogging earlier this month and will begin galloping in July, his trainer Julio Canani said June 17.
Trainer Julio Canani insists he doesn't have Derby fever yet. But after the way his The Pamplemousse glided to victory as the 1-2 choice in the $200,000 Sham Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Feb. 28, that's going to be more difficult to believe as time marches on toward the first Saturday in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown