The Pamplemousse, who was a major player on the 2009 Triple Crown trail before being injured, started jogging earlier this month and will begin galloping in July, his trainer Julio Canani said June 17.
Trainer Julio Canani insists he doesn't have Derby fever yet. But after the way his The Pamplemousse glided to victory as the 1-2 choice in the $200,000 Sham Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Feb. 28, that's going to be more difficult to believe as time marches on toward the first Saturday in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options