The Pamplemousse, who was a major player on the 2009 Triple Crown trail before being injured, started jogging earlier this month and will begin galloping in July, his trainer Julio Canani said June 17.
Trainer Julio Canani insists he doesn't have Derby fever yet. But after the way his The Pamplemousse glided to victory as the 1-2 choice in the $200,000 Sham Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Feb. 28, that's going to be more difficult to believe as time marches on toward the first Saturday in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies