The Pamplemousse, who was a major player on the 2009 Triple Crown trail before being injured, started jogging earlier this month and will begin galloping in July, his trainer Julio Canani said June 17.
Trainer Julio Canani insists he doesn't have Derby fever yet. But after the way his The Pamplemousse glided to victory as the 1-2 choice in the $200,000 Sham Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Feb. 28, that's going to be more difficult to believe as time marches on toward the first Saturday in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Equibase Adds Voided Claim Information
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4