Jockey Alex Cintron was injured Nov. 14 in a spill involving three horses and riders during the running of the sixth race at Laurel Park.
Zanim R. Meahjohn's 13-1 chance Rusty Slipper seized the lead nearing the sixteenth pole and comfortably earned her first graded stakes win in the $109,000 Violet Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 23 at Monmouth Park.
Gracer looked the part of a 1-5 shot Feb. 8 at Aqueduct Racetrack, cruising on the front end to a 10 1/4-length score in the $98,000 Dearly Precious Stakes for 3-year-old filly sprinters.
Bryan's Jewel had won multiple stakes in 22 starts, but couldn't quite step up to the next level. On June 15 she dug in to get the job done, winning the $100,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park.
Tate's Landing, impressive 3 1/4-length winner of the $100,000 Laurel Futurity Oct. 27, will face a bigger test in a deeper field for the $100,000 Dania Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park Dec. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Gold Ship Sails to Breakthrough Tenno Sho Win
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85
- Post Kentucky Derby News Update for May 3