In his first race in more than a year, Fox Hill Farms' Normandy Invasion finished second in his 5-year-old season debut in what amounted to a match race with winner Our Caravan July 1 at Delaware Park.
Jockey Alex Cintron was injured Nov. 14 in a spill involving three horses and riders during the running of the sixth race at Laurel Park.
Zanim R. Meahjohn's 13-1 chance Rusty Slipper seized the lead nearing the sixteenth pole and comfortably earned her first graded stakes win in the $109,000 Violet Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 23 at Monmouth Park.
Gracer looked the part of a 1-5 shot Feb. 8 at Aqueduct Racetrack, cruising on the front end to a 10 1/4-length score in the $98,000 Dearly Precious Stakes for 3-year-old filly sprinters.
Bryan's Jewel had won multiple stakes in 22 starts, but couldn't quite step up to the next level. On June 15 she dug in to get the job done, winning the $100,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park.
Tate's Landing, impressive 3 1/4-length winner of the $100,000 Laurel Futurity Oct. 27, will face a bigger test in a deeper field for the $100,000 Dania Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park Dec. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes
- Average, Median Rise at Doncaster Sale
- TimeformUS Preview: The Travers
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa