The Ontario government-commissioned Horse Racing Transition Panel has released an initial draft of a long-term plan for the province's horse racing industry for consultation.
A two-year agreement buys time for Ontario racing. Download Now
In response to the cancellation of the slots-at-racetracks program, the Ontario Horse Racing Industry Association has developed a plan for "a viable and sustainable horse racing and breeding industry."
The Ontario government announced June 7 it will provide up to $50 million in transitional funding to the province's horse racing industry over the next three years.
The Fort Erie Live Racing Consortium announced after its general meeting June 5 that Fort Erie Racetrack will hold its last live race this year.
Breeders' Cup Limited has mailed ballots to current Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators for the election of 13 individuals to its Board of Trustees and Members.
Prominent broodmare Turk O Witz, whose four stakes winners included grade I winners Queens Court Queen and Mr Purple, was euthanized June 14.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. elected 13 members to its board of directors through the proportional shareholder voting system by Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient