Jockey Alex Birzer became the 174th jockey in North America to win 3,000 races when he guided Numancia to victory in Sunday's sixth race at Oaklawn Park.
Trainer Lynn Chleborad reached the 1,000-career win milestone March 14 at Oaklawn Park when The Rocks Rolls won the last of 10 races under jockey Alex Birzer.
Alex Birzer became the second jockey to win 1,000 races at Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino June 24 when he won the fourth race with Lazeka.
Jockey Justin Shepherd will miss the remainder of the Oaklawn Park meet after suffering a broken left shoulder and five broken ribs in a riding accident March 1.
Jockey Alex Birzer collected the 2,000th victory of his career when he guided Watomgo to a neck victory in the seventh race at Prairie Meadows on the night of June 4.
- By Dan Johnson
Prairie Meadows canceled its final four Thoroughbred races Friday after jockeys said a dip in the racing surface made conditions unsafe to ride.
- By Dan Johnson
Prairie Meadows' 47-day spring meet saw overall betting drop 28% after switching from racing Monday afternoons, when it had strong simulcast betting, to Thursday evenings.
Marching from gate to wire, Patton's Victory held off Colorful Tour by a length Wednesday in the $100,000 Fifth Season Stakes for older horses at Oaklawn Park's "Racing Festival of the South."
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23