Alejandro Medellin rode seven winners at Zia Park on Monday, a record for the Hobbs, New Mexico, racetrack.
Isn't He Clever happily returned to New Mexico for trainer Henry Dominguez, where he produced a sharp 1 3/4-length tally in the $150,000 Borderland Derby at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino Feb. 25.
New Mexico's Zia Park reported an increase in wagering handle and purses during its 50-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet, which ran Sept. 10 through Dec. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule