Alejandro Medellin rode seven winners at Zia Park on Monday, a record for the Hobbs, New Mexico, racetrack.
Isn't He Clever happily returned to New Mexico for trainer Henry Dominguez, where he produced a sharp 1 3/4-length tally in the $150,000 Borderland Derby at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino Feb. 25.
New Mexico's Zia Park reported an increase in wagering handle and purses during its 50-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet, which ran Sept. 10 through Dec. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Preparations Continue for Oaks Hopefuls