Alejandro Medellin rode seven winners at Zia Park on Monday, a record for the Hobbs, New Mexico, racetrack.
Isn't He Clever happily returned to New Mexico for trainer Henry Dominguez, where he produced a sharp 1 3/4-length tally in the $150,000 Borderland Derby at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino Feb. 25.
New Mexico's Zia Park reported an increase in wagering handle and purses during its 50-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet, which ran Sept. 10 through Dec. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala