Former jockey Parker Buckley, an exercise rider for trainer Steve Asmussen, died Aug. 19 at Albany Medical Center in Albany, N.Y., following an Aug. 18 accident on the Oklahoma training track at Saratoga Race Course.
Jockey Edgar Prado, sidelined with a broken right ankle incurred in a Sept. 1 racing accident at Saratoga, began physical therapy Sept. 28 and may get back on horses within two weeks if all goes well, said his agent, Bob Frieze.
Jockey Rafael Bejarano was hospitalized Sept. 3 with possible rib and back injuries following an incident in the fourth race at Saratoga, when his mount - the Mark Hennig-trained Marital Asset - broke through the gate at the New York track.
Jockey Edgar Prado will miss at least six weeks of riding after breaking his right ankle at Saratoga Race Course, Prado's agent said Sept. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat