A tentative deal to return the New York Racing Association to private hands ran aground April 5 when a broader package of state budget bills that included the NYRA component fell apart at the state Capitol in Albany.
New York-breds square off in six stakes races Aug. 26 at Saratoga Race Course during New York Showcase Day. New York Derby winner Hit It Once More highlights $200,000 Albany Stakes for sophomores.
Churchill Downs is partnering with Saratoga Casino and Raceway on a proposed resort-style casino near Albany.
State legislators failed to pass a plan Nov. 29 to reorganize the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. The Assembly could pass the measure but state senators have left town. NYCOTB is expected to issue pink slips.
More than 1,000 unionized workers at New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. are in still in line for pay hikes and severance deals but won't be paid until a long-term agreement is made.
Fox Ridge Farm's Naughty New Yorker beat Carminooch by a half-length Wednesday in the $150,000 Albany Stakes for 3-year-old New York-breds at Saratoga Race Course.
The latest stakes winner for the New York Racing Association's Barry K. Schwartz and trainer Michael Hushion is Traffic Chief, favored in Wednesday's $150,000 Albany Stakes for New York-bred 3-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Speedway Stable Strikes Late for Malibu Moon Filly
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired