Alabama-breds took center stage at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Dec. 12 as 4-5 choice Buggin Out led wire to wire in the $50,000 Magic City Stakes.
It doesn't appear live Thoroughbred racing will return to Birmingham Race Course any time soon, but the re-energized Alabama Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said it plans to keep pushing for it.
- By Tom LaMarra
As reports have surfaced that Birmingham Race Course in Alabama may again seek to install electronic bingo games, the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association will take yet another look at the status of the Alabama HBPA, which continues to say a return of live Thoroughbred racing to Birmingham is possible.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win