My Titania appears to be in fine fettle for the Etihad Airways Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 25 at the Curragh after a slight setback forced her to miss the English equivalent earlier this month.
The Tattersalls December foal sale posted an opening-day record for total sales, topped by a Champs Elysees colt for 160,000 guineas ($272,462 in United States funds), the highest price ever at the first session.
Eleven of the 16 European contenders for the Nov. 1-2 Breeders' Cup World Championships cleared quarantine on the morning of Oct. 29, led by Andrew Lloyd Webber's top turf filly The Fugue.
Top-class fillies from the United States and Europe make for a contentious race
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm