The Tattersalls December foal sale posted an opening-day record for total sales, topped by a Champs Elysees colt for 160,000 guineas ($272,462 in United States funds), the highest price ever at the first session.
Eleven of the 16 European contenders for the Nov. 1-2 Breeders' Cup World Championships cleared quarantine on the morning of Oct. 29, led by Andrew Lloyd Webber's top turf filly The Fugue.
Top-class fillies from the United States and Europe make for a contentious race
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered