My Titania appears to be in fine fettle for the Etihad Airways Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 25 at the Curragh after a slight setback forced her to miss the English equivalent earlier this month.
The Tattersalls December foal sale posted an opening-day record for total sales, topped by a Champs Elysees colt for 160,000 guineas ($272,462 in United States funds), the highest price ever at the first session.
Eleven of the 16 European contenders for the Nov. 1-2 Breeders' Cup World Championships cleared quarantine on the morning of Oct. 29, led by Andrew Lloyd Webber's top turf filly The Fugue.
Top-class fillies from the United States and Europe make for a contentious race
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires