My Titania appears to be in fine fettle for the Etihad Airways Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 25 at the Curragh after a slight setback forced her to miss the English equivalent earlier this month.
The Tattersalls December foal sale posted an opening-day record for total sales, topped by a Champs Elysees colt for 160,000 guineas ($272,462 in United States funds), the highest price ever at the first session.
Eleven of the 16 European contenders for the Nov. 1-2 Breeders' Cup World Championships cleared quarantine on the morning of Oct. 29, led by Andrew Lloyd Webber's top turf filly The Fugue.
Top-class fillies from the United States and Europe make for a contentious race
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale