My Titania appears to be in fine fettle for the Etihad Airways Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 25 at the Curragh after a slight setback forced her to miss the English equivalent earlier this month.
The Tattersalls December foal sale posted an opening-day record for total sales, topped by a Champs Elysees colt for 160,000 guineas ($272,462 in United States funds), the highest price ever at the first session.
Eleven of the 16 European contenders for the Nov. 1-2 Breeders' Cup World Championships cleared quarantine on the morning of Oct. 29, led by Andrew Lloyd Webber's top turf filly The Fugue.
Top-class fillies from the United States and Europe make for a contentious race
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- State Control of NYRA Extended Another Year
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot