My Titania appears to be in fine fettle for the Etihad Airways Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 25 at the Curragh after a slight setback forced her to miss the English equivalent earlier this month.
The Tattersalls December foal sale posted an opening-day record for total sales, topped by a Champs Elysees colt for 160,000 guineas ($272,462 in United States funds), the highest price ever at the first session.
Eleven of the 16 European contenders for the Nov. 1-2 Breeders' Cup World Championships cleared quarantine on the morning of Oct. 29, led by Andrew Lloyd Webber's top turf filly The Fugue.
Top-class fillies from the United States and Europe make for a contentious race
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia