After taking some hits in the 2-year-old market, especially in the lower- to mid-price ranges and in the late-season auctions, those who buy horses primarily to be sold later said they would be more selective in their purchases this year.
Total sales rose nearly 8% at the Equine Sales Co. 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age sale April 27 in Opelousas, La., with trading topped by a 2-year-old Gold Tribute colt for $65,000.
The Fasig-Tipton Florida select juvenile auction is known for its good-looking horses with attractive pedigrees and expensive prices. Here is what people had to say about their predictions for the market and other topics.
Read what some participants in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale had to say about the market.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm