After taking some hits in the 2-year-old market, especially in the lower- to mid-price ranges and in the late-season auctions, those who buy horses primarily to be sold later said they would be more selective in their purchases this year.
Total sales rose nearly 8% at the Equine Sales Co. 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age sale April 27 in Opelousas, La., with trading topped by a 2-year-old Gold Tribute colt for $65,000.
The Fasig-Tipton Florida select juvenile auction is known for its good-looking horses with attractive pedigrees and expensive prices. Here is what people had to say about their predictions for the market and other topics.
Read what some participants in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale had to say about the market.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work